Monday, January 19, 2009

Musical Number

I played my violin in Sacrament meeting yesterday. I love being asked to play at church. I am definitely not as good as I was in my younger years (which I never thought I was very good), but I always jump at the occasion just to keep up my skills. I usually like to play the 2nd violin part, but the last few times I've played the 1st violin part. I've gotten so brave...it's been fun! Yesterday, I played a duet with one of my Mia Maids, who is Kynlee's private violin teacher. She is in 8th grade and is far more advanced than I ever was. We played my favorite hymn, "How Great Thou Art". It was such a beautiful arrangement and although I didn't make it through without errors, I was complimented on how wonderful it sounded. Thank you! I know that we can feel the spirit through music. I feel that when I play the violin, I am sharing my testimony of the Savior. It's a powerful and amazing feeling! I am so thankful for parents that endured many years of my complaining, drove me to and paid for private lessons, supported me in concerts and performances, and who proved to be my biggest fans. I am more grateful now for this talent and for the opportunities of sharing it once in a while. I look forward to the next time!

4 comments:

Mel said...

Yeah good for you!! Next they need to ask you to clog in the YW talent show! LOL You are AMAZING!!

CHECKETTS BUNCH said...

I always wished I could play like you. Alas, I will live and die without playing an instrument.

Karissa said...

I've always been so jealous that I have no musical talent. Pretty pathetic I think! Keep sharing your talent with everyone. They will all benefit from it. Love ya!

Lori said...

Kyra ~
I always loved to hear you play ~ especially with Grandpa Nik! You two and your "fiddles" ~ what a fun time! Love you!