We had New Beginnings this last Wednesday for the young women. We did a Pirate theme and talked about how we should "treasure" the Young Women values. It was so fun! All of the leaders dressed up like pirates. I got a black vest from DI, a cheap hook and sword from a party store, wore a scarf as a sash, a bandana around my head, an eye patch, and Donna had the best idea to use canning jar rings as my jewelry (something she did as a kid). I tied yarn through the rings and hung them on my ears for earings and created a necklace using a large and small ring. I also wore a few wide mouth rings as bracelets. Very piratey! Karley has already decided that she wants to be a pirate for Halloween. Anyways, the Laurels did a great job on decorations, the Beehives made the most amazing treasure box cake with coins and jewelry hanging out of it, and the Mia Maids (that's my group) made treasure map invitations and programs. We printed them onto a treasure map template, tore the edges and rubbed ink chalk around the edges to make them have a burned look effect. So cute! The girls and leaders sang "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Righteous Life For Me". Then the leaders participated in a skit. I had fun talking like a pirate...ARRRG...it was so funny!:) We ended with inspirational talks from our Young Women's President and Bishop. The spirit was so strong. I love this calling!
Finding Love for Myself and Being a Woman
8 months ago





8 comments:
I'll bet the girls love you Kyra! You look awesome! <3
You look PERFECT! What a cute idea!
You look darling!! What a fun night, you girls are so creative..I especially like "A Righteous Life for Me". BTW, sorry Matika was so late.
It was such a fun night, you guys did an INCREDIBLE job. The girls are lucky to have you in Young Womens.
That is a great idea! I'm glad you are enjoying the calling. It's been so long since I've read your blog, there's been a lot to catch up on! Glad things are going well!
Your are such a cute, skinny pirate! ARRRRRRR...love ya sis!
You look so hot Kyra! AAARRGG!! What a cute cute idea, sounds like it turned out perfect... I love reading about yout YW experiences:)
How fun! You are getting so skinny Kyra!
Post a Comment