Thursday, September 10, 2009

Family Prayer Participant

It used to be that when we said our family prayers Matt or I would say them. As time has passed and the kids have gotten older, we each take a turn, including Kenzie. She has always needed help from someone. When she prays she says a few words out of the sentence that has been recited to her...it's so cute. Well, last night, it was Kenzie's turn and for the first time she wanted to say the prayer "all myself", as she says it. When she ended the sweet prayer, I looked around and we all had the biggest smiles ever, especially her! It was priceless! Rarely does Kenzie stay on her knees with her arms folded, head bowed, and eyes closed through the entire prayer, so I was surprised that she stated some of the same things that the rest of us do in our prayers. She obviously pays attention!:) It is so fun to watch this brave little girl as she becomes comfortable with doing things on her own. I am so thankful for her example and her sweet spirit. As the youngest, she is such an important part of our family!

1 comment:

Natalie Nicole Nikolaus said...

ha thats so sweet :) oh and ps i love when i come to your profile and i hear great songs!