A few kids in Matthew's class were chosen to make a full body mummy wrap of themselves. I gave my consent to the project not knowing the actual time I would have to put into it. I spent 2 hours in his classroom wrapping each body part separately - legs, arms, torso, butt, shoulders. The wrap was clear packing tape. I put on 3 layers of tape. On the first layer, the tape was sticky side up, so it wouldn't be stuck to his skin. The second and third layer were sticky side down. Matthew said it felt so weird. He was a trooper! After I layered a body part, I cut a seam up the side and took the wrap off. This was Matthew's least favorite part, because he was afraid of me cutting him. Can you blame him? I took the project home to finish it. I taped Matthew's head, and all the body parts back together. Finally, after an hour and a half, we assembled it. It was very time consuming, but I must say that the outcome was worth it. It looks awesome! They will be hung in the classroom for awhile and then it comes home with Matthew. Maybe I'll hang it in his room!:)
Matthew enduring the last body part to be wrapped...the head! The scary part was carefully cutting the tape off without cutting his hair. It was a slow process.
After taping all the finished body parts together, this is the end result. Looks just like him...so cool!
Matthew showing how light weight it is. He was proud of the end result. It's nice to know the many hours I put into this project was appreciated!





2 comments:
That is awsome! What a cool school project. Teachers come up with all kinds of cool things these days!
That is FREAKY and COOL at the same time. I would have freaked out wrapping my face. Cool project Matthew, hopefully you get an A!
Post a Comment