I have been serving in the Primary organization for 10 years. I have been a Nursery teacher, Activity Day Leader, 2nd Counselor, 1st Counselor, Substitute Chorister, Cub Committee Chair, Substitute Cubmaster, President, and my latest callings have been a team Primary teacher with Matt, Webelos Den Leader, and Cub Advancement Chair. I think I have almost done it all. I have loved being in the Primary, especially since my kids have been in it. I always pictured any other organization as being scary. Well, on Christmas Sunday, I got called to serve as 1st Counselor in the Young Women's Presidency. AHHH! Actually, when Bishop came to give me the calling, I was excited! As the day went on, I remembered how much time I spent praying to know who to choose for my Counselors in the Primary, and I was humbled to know that the new YW President had done the same and Heavenly Father had confirmed my name to be one of her Counselors. I am definitely overwhelmed as I learn of and try to keep track of my responsibilities. We had our first activity last week and I had a blast! It was so fun to see their personalities come out. This last Sunday, I taught for the first time. I am over the Mia Maids. It went better than I expected...I wasn't nervous, they willingly participated in reading scriptures and answering questions, complimented me on a good lesson, and hugged me before they left. In just a short time I think I have been accepted by these sweet girls!:) I have been on a "Calling High"! It just feels so good! I do feel like this calling has come at the perfect time in my life. Matthew is in YM and I am excited to be able to participate with him. Also, Kynlee comes into YW in less than 2 years. I know that this experience will help me be a better Mom to my sweet daughters as I prepare them to be righteous Young Women. I am so grateful to serve and I hope that I will be an instrument in the Lord's hands.
Finding Love for Myself and Being a Woman
7 months ago





10 comments:
Oh Kyra, I'm so glad you're enjoying YW... I do miss it a ton, but you are so great for those girls! I feel out of my comfort zone too in nursery!!!
What an awesome calling! YW is by the far the best calling to serve in! You'll be Fabulous!!
Kyra I'm so excited for you! You'll be great. I'm also excited for the girls you will serve, they're lucky to have you.
You and I have the same calling right now. I too came from the Primary Presidency and was not excited at first because I was in love with primary. It only took one week before I was hooked! I have had similar experiences of awesome participation, hugs from the girls and overall acceptance. I love their sweet spirits and am enjoying it so much. You'll have to share your cool ideas with me because I know your gonna be great at it!!
Im so happy for you! What a great calling and your gonna love it as much as their gonna love you.
Kyra, what a perfect calling for you! Congrats! Your blog post was so sweet, it makes me want to serve better in my calling!
Kyra, I know the girls are so excited that you are in there. Ashtyn loves all the new leaders. You will love it!!!
I'm so glad you love it! (I just knew you would!) You're so perfect for it. You have so much to give, so much to offer to those sweet girls. Even though there was a lot of drama when I was in the YW presidency, I still have to say it's been my favorite calling.
Thanks for being our friends and staying in contact even though we moved away. We sure miss our late night movies with you!
Congrats on the new calling! I love the YW I would love a calling like that!
Kyra!
YW is the perfect place for you! You will grow to love those girls SO much and I'm sure they already love you! You will be great! Congrats on still playing your violin too! You rock!!
Post a Comment