Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Celebration

Well, it was just our family this year for Easter. I think that is a first ever! I must say that it was nice to have our own family time, but we definitely missed sharing this special holiday with loved ones. The kids each colored a dozen eggs on Saturday night. They came up with some creative decorating ideas. The Easter Bunny hid these eggs Easter morning. After checking out their baskets full of candy and pool toys, the race was on to see who could find the most eggs...it ended up being pretty even. I think we are still missing an egg! EEWW! We enjoyed our church meetings today. I am always spiritually uplifted by the beautiful music and inspiring talks and lessons on Easter Sunday. We ended our day with a traditional Easter dinner that I prepared - glazed ham, potato salad, corn, and rolls. That was definitely a first and was not too bad!
They had so much fun coloring eggs!
Our bright, colorful, and sporty eggs!
Matthew got a waterproof football to play catch with his Dad in the pool!
Kynlee got some diving rings. Thanks Easter Bunny!
Karley got some splash bombs. She can't wait to go swimming!
Kenzie got a cute octopus kick board. Yay!
"We're ready to find the eggs the Easter Bunny hid!"
Everyone did pretty good!
Grandpa and Grandma Debbie sent up an Easter package for the kids. They were so excited (especially Karley) to each get a yummy Reece's Egg and Gummy Lifesavers. Thanks!
The kids just couldn't resist a funny face picture. This has got to be one of the best ever taken!:)
Grandmama sent us a sweet Easter card with some sparkly Easter tattoos for the girls. We wore them all day. Thanks Mom!
Grandma Slider made each of us the cutest little bunnies that were stuffed with candy! Thank you so much...we love them!
The kids dressed in their Easter best! The past couple of days have been cloudy, gloomy, and rainy, but today it was warm, bright, and sunny. Perfect! I am so thankful for this, because it made me think of my Savior. He is the LIGHT of the World! I know that it is through his life, atoning sacrifice, death, and resurrection that we can gain eternal life. I know that He lives. He is my perfect elder brother and has shown me the way. I know he loves me and knows who I am. I am so grateful to be able to celebrate this glorious day. Happy Easter!

4 comments:

bettina said...

what a fun Easter! a dozen each, wow that's a lot of eggs to hide! love the tats on the face...cute!

The Shiflet Family said...

That funny face picture is the BEST! I love it! I spend so much time getting my kids to just look at the camera and smile, maybe I should try that instead, it would be more memorable anyway. You guys always have so much fun as a family. I love having family around too, but sometimes it is nice to just be alone, and enjoy each other. It is less exhausting anyway. Your dinner sounds yummy. By the way, guess where my parents are this very second.....Las Vegas. I said "you stole my trip!" I so want to go. Hopefully soon! Miss you guys.

Staci J said...

You take the best pictures Kyra! It helps to have beautiful children to photograph:) Pretty impressive eggs, and baskets too!

ERIN said...

tell Matthew to STOP making the devil sign with his hands in the photos. You know how BAAAAADDDD I hate it when people do that in nice photos! That stinker!
CJ's been thinking it's hilarous to mess up my photos lately, and I told him I'll take a nice one, THEN a silly one, and if he messes up my nice one again I'm going to literally kick his goofy butt! I hate hand signs in photos! All of them!!!
Ok, that being said.. the kids looked great in their easter best.
love you!
erin