Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sisters In Town

I feel so lucky that I was able to have two of my sisters visit me in weekends right after each other. Each sister means the world to me! I had so much fun, but wished that it would've lasted longer! They were just what I needed and I'm thrilled that I was their needed getaway!:)
Karissa visited first. After picking her up, we went and got pedicures...so relaxing! Later that night we took the girls to a dance performance at the high school. It was very entertaining! On Saturday we were able to get out by ourselves and do what girls do best: shop, eat, watch a movie - "When In Rome", and shop some more!:) I loved every minute of it!
They love their Aunt! I had a meeting Sunday morning, so Karissa helped get the girls ready...make-up and all. So beautiful! I loved showing off my gorgeous sister to my friends at church!
Just before I took her back to the airport, we took a walk in our neighborhood up to a bench that looks out to the frozen lake and snow covered mountains. It was so peaceful and the view was gorgeous! It was sad to say goodbye. The kids enjoyed you being here, but not near as much as I did! I loved staying up late, talking and laughing with you! Thanks so much for coming up sister...I miss and love you tons!
The following weekend, I took all the kids with me to pick up Natalie and we headed straight to Temple Square. We don't mess around when company is here!:)
We went to the top floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building to get a different view of the Temple. Then we headed in to watch the memorable Joseph Smith movie. It was such a great experience!
Cute Natalie and I in front of the waterfall at the Conference Center!
That night we made homemade pizzas...yummy!
Natalie really wanted to play in the snow, so we headed up American Fork Canyon where snow was a plenty. We brought our sleds and had a blast!
We cruised down the huge hill and it was so much fun to walk back up...NOT!:)Dad and Kenzie had lots of rides down that mostly ended in crashes! Kenzie never cried though...she would give the thumbs up sign and say, "Dat was awesome!"
Karley chilling on the tube after racing down!
It was so beautiful there and the fresh snow was a perfect recipe for a snowball fight! Later that night, Natalie and I headed to the movies and saw "Dear John". There was a part that I had major tears coming out of both eyes. When I looked over at Natalie, she did too, and we both started laughing!
These girls love their Aunt! She was so nice to paint their toenails and to trim Kynlee and Karley's hair while here...thanks seester! I hope my daughters will always have a special bond with each other just like I do with my sisters.
Too cute! While the kids were at school, we were able to get away her last day here for some shopping and lunch. The whole weekend was a lot of fun and we were able to do so much! Thanks for coming...I love you Natalie and already miss you terribly!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Oh, I love you cute Nikolaus girlies!

Natalie Nicole Nikolaus said...

I miss you guys so much! Such a fun and needed trip :) Love you big seester!