Matthew gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting yesterday and did a fantastic job! His topic was "How Choosing Good Friends Will Help Him Prepare For His Mission". What a great topic! He talked about having courage to live gospel standards, and how friends are an influence in thoughts and actions. I loved the quote from President Monson that he used, "Friends help to determine your future. You will tend to be like them and to be found where they choose to go. Remember, the path we follow in this life leads to the path we follow in the next." Half way through his talk, the power went out in the building...lights and microphone! He calmly looked back to the Bishop, who encouraged him to continue. Matthew didn't hesitate and started in a loud voice right where he left off. Luckily, the power outage lasted only a few seconds. In closing with his testimony he shared, "I know that if I surround myself with good friends that share the same values, I will be prepared and ready to serve a mission." I was so proud! On a side note, Matthew played on the Young Men's basketball team. Their team placed 2nd in the Stake which gave them the chance to play at the Regional level. They just finished up this weekend in 4th place...way to go! Matthew was so fun to watch and I was the "loud and proud" Mom on the sidelines screaming with each shot, including 3's, that he made!:)
Finding Love for Myself and Being a Woman
7 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment