Thursday, April 29, 2010

Band In The Making

Kynlee participated in her year end Violin Recital. She has worked hard to have her pieces memorized and ready. I have also been working hard to learn to play the mandolin. After getting a few pointers, it is coming very slowly. Memorizing chords and strumming are things my brain is not used to. Only practice will make it better. I always loved the fact that my Dad could accompany me on my fiddle songs, so it is my goal to be able to do the same with Kynlee, and so far she loves it too. We are definitely a band in the making...so fun!
Kynlee's first piece was "Allegretto " by Suzuki. Then she played her first fiddle piece, "Bile Them Cabbage Down". I was excited to assist in accompanying her on my Grandpa's mandolin. It added a nice country sound!
Both teacher and Mom were proud of our little violinist!

No comments: