Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hope Of America

Kynlee has been looking forward to Hope of America since the beginning of 5th grade! She has been learning the songs and actions for a while. One of her favorite songs is "America Rocks". The message of this program is so great! We left with such a good feeling. This younger generation really is the Hope of America.
We just had to put on these fake nails with sparkly stars on the tips. Kynlee loved them while they lasted!
This American flag made out of hundreds of kids was quite the site! It was so cool when the kids would all do actions to the songs...the flag literally moved!
If you look closely, you might be able to spot Kynlee. She is in the middle section, 2nd row under the yellow, 7th in from the left. We thought it was cool that we found her!
"We Can Be A Light" was the last song and one of my favorites! The lights are out and it is completely dark during the verses and then for the chorus the kids shine their flashlights. It is powerful and a tear jerker!
This girl is proud to be an American!
This was Teacher Appreciation Week also. I'm the Room Mom for Kynlee's class and I just had to show off how I decorated her teacher's door. I had the kids trace and cut out their hand prints. Matt and I glued them around to make the sun and flowers. I was so happy with the way it turned out!:)
The Wax Museum was the following week and Kynlee chose to be Pocahontas. We were able to borrow some great Indian stuff...she looked amazing! Kynlee read a book about the life of Pocahontas. Her "Bio Pyramid" read:

Pocahontas
Beautiful, Curious
Most Beloved Daughter
Kidnapped By The English
Helped Jamestown Survive Hard Times
Transformed Into A “Model Indian Princess”
Rescued John Smith From Powhatans Killing Him
She Was Looked Upon As America’s First Heroine

No comments: