A couple of weeks ago, I received a message from the Stake Executive Secretary who was calling on behalf of the Stake President. Yikes! When I called him back I said, "I'm not sure I want to be calling you back!" He set up an appointment for me to meet with Pres. Wilkinson that Sunday. The first thing that came to my mind was that Stake Conference was in 2 weeks...please don't ask me to speak!:) I knew before I went in that that was going to be the case and I knew what he wanted me to speak about...our fire experience that happened the month before. I willingly accepted the assignment, grateful that all I had to do was share my story at the adult session. Ha! I stressed big time, but I prepared and prayed like crazy. A couple days before the big night, I was getting real nervous, so I called my sweet Dad for advice and comfort. He said so many wonderful things to uplift me and told me to "Prepare No More", that I was ready, to not write another thing. Even though he is 700 miles away, when I got off the phone with him, I felt like I had just received the most powerful father's blessing and my nerves were calmed! Thank you so much Dad! I followed his council! I was able to enjoy the weekend with Karissa, Jesse and Harlow, who visited us. I felt comfortable as I spoke and know that the spirit was felt. Stake President even said that I hit it out of the park! I'm truly grateful for the experience, but hope it doesn't come around again too soon!:)
We had so much fun playing with Harlow...cute girls!
Finding Love for Myself and Being a Woman
7 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment