I don't know what possessed me, but I was super excited to attempt canning apples! People do it all the time and love it, so why not me? We have three apple trees that were bursting full of apples that I did not want to go to waste...they are a bit tart for the eating. After talking with "canning" experts from the Ward, borrowing the proper machines needed, and gathering the yummiest recipes, I was good to go on making apple pie filling and applesauce. Luckily, the two days that I started these projects were days that Matt was home to help...it was definitely not a "do it yourself" project and so I'm grateful for the help I had. It was a lot of work and very time consuming! The most exciting part was hearing the jars "pop" as they were cooling off, letting me know that they had sealed...music to my ears!:) I absolutely love the taste of both, but of course the kids don't! Maybe sometime in the future when that's all they have to eat, they'll be grateful and love it!:)
Finding Love for Myself and Being a Woman
8 months ago







No comments:
Post a Comment