Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hiking Trip

Matt, Matthew, and I woke up early this morning to go on a hike. We drove to American Fork Canyon and hiked up the Timpanogos Cave path. We love this beautiful country! It is 1.5 miles of steep switchbacks with a vertical rise of 1,065 feet. Quite the hike! We went up in 40 minutes and came down in 24 minutes. We figured out that it was easier to jog down and that was fine until a Park Ranger informed us that we couldn't do that. Party pooper!:) Anyways, Matthew was a little trooper. It's fun to have him be old enough to hang with Mom and Dad.

5 comments:

Karissa said...

That is so cool! I still cant believe how old matthew is. I love hiking, yet I never go:( Why did you have to get all healthy and adventurous when you moved away?jk
Love ya.

sharpest family said...

Wow, you're amazing! That is a HARD hike. I love the pictures, in particular the one with Matt and Matthew walking side-by-side (so sweet), the one of Matthew worn out on the bench, of Matt overlooking the view and the very last one of all of you together. You're such a great photographer Kyra!
Oh btw if you haven't already, don't worry about talking to our friend. It's all good.

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

I LOVE UT!!!! I miss it so bad! We used to go camping in AF canyon all the time! It's soooo beautiful!

bettina said...

what a view!! what fun! hiking and the lake, you are really living it up lately!!

Mel said...

How beautiful! I'd forget I was even exercising with that view! LOL