Friday, November 14, 2008

I Am A Rock Star

Kynlee had her "ROCK STAR" themed Birthday Party tonight. It was so much fun! We hung up hot pink and black streamers and blew up a bunch of hot pink balloons for decoration. She had all of her friends come dressed up in their best Rock Star outfits. There were some really cute ideas. I taped a roll of red wrapping paper on the sidewalk coming up to the door to resemble "The Red Carpet". Everyone got their picture taken on it. We handed out glow in the dark bracelets and sprayed sparkles in their hair when they came in.
Kynlee striking a pose on "The Red Carpet" while waiting for her Rock Star friends to show up.
She looked so cute in her hot pink dress. It has black guitars all over it. Very Rock Star appropriate!
The girls filled out their Rock Star scrapbook page which included: favorite band, favorite singer, favorite song, etc.. It also had a place for each others' autographs.
The highlight of the night was hours of Karaoke! They sang along with songs from Hannah Montana, Camp Rock, and High School Musical. It took a lot of courage for them to get up and do it. They were great performers!
Kynlee and her friend, Nicole, started it off.
Kynlee and her good friends, Reagan and Paige.
What a silly bunch of Rock Stars! They all had a blast!
I have the best sugar cookie recipe. I cut out stars, hence the theme, and they had fun decorating them.
Kenzie got a little carried away with the sprinkles! I love the thumbs up sign!:)
Kynlee blew out her candle with her noise blower.
Kynlee ended the party by singing "I Got Nerve" by Hannah Montana all by herself. She really got into it with actions, dancing, and attitude. I was quite impressed! I would say that the party was a huge success, because even a couple of days later, the girls are still talking about it.

3 comments:

Karissa said...

OMG! I wish I could have been there, what an awesome party. You are such a cool mom.

Shani said...

I am sooo sad Sydney missed the party!! I went to do haircuts that night, and didn't even think about it until I got home and was getting the girls to bed later that night. She was totally bummed when I reminded her--I'm so glad it was FUN!!

Mel said...

What a fun party! I want to be a rock star!!