Over the break, Matthew and his best friend, Cameron, built a snow hut at the green belt behind Cameron's house, just across his back fence. They have a "SNOW" camp out coming up soon for Scouts and wanted to get some practice with building their sleeping quarters. They worked hours on it, shoveling and packing snow into a huge pile, and then digging and scraping the cave out with little garden tools. They even made spots inside for the candles to go. After working so hard, they put a bunch of sleeping bags down on top of a tarp. Yes, they planned on sleeping in it! We let Matthew stay over for "practice" reasons.:) They ended up going inside at 4am, not because they were cold, but because they were squished. I don't know how they withstood the freezing cold air on the way inside. Once in, they made some hot chocolate and after talking and laughing for an hour, they went back to sleep indoors. They learned that, when they go up this weekend to build their snow hut for Scouts, they are going to make the space inside bigger. Only crazy boys would be so excited to sleep out in the snow!
In this picture you can see the candles they used to keep them warm and the tools they used to dig out the hole. They also had a makeshift door.
Finding Love for Myself and Being a Woman
8 months ago





3 comments:
Wow that is awsome! Looks like you guys had a very merry Christmas. I can't believe that you are still getting to go swimming, I am jealous! After being in AZ for 3 weeks this snow is killing me!
They sure have snow hut skills! It looks so cold and yet so warm all at the same time. Way to go guys!
Love the snow huts...awesome job guys! Kyra I had to make our blog private; I would love to send you an invite but I don't have your email...mine is a.miquel@yahoo.com!
Post a Comment