Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Polar Bear Swimming

In our desperate attempt to find something, other than playing in the snow, to do with the kids, we finally decided to go swimming. Yes, I said SWIMMING! I love having a pool that we can swim in all year. Once the kids were in and warm, it wasn't any different than swimming in the summer...except for the SNOW in the scenery. They even got out and went off the diving board! The kids have had so much fun doing things with their Georgia cousins. It was very emotional when we had to say goodbye. We love you and will miss you tons!
This picture cracks me up! It shows how cold it was, because the kids wore their robes and snow clothes. Doesn't the steamy water look inviting?:) They couldn't wait to jump in and warm up!
Matthew, Kynlee, Karley, and Kenzie
Matthew and Jarod
Kynlee and Grace
Uncle Nathan had fun making snowballs and throwing them at the kids while in the pool. It was probably the only time they liked getting hit with a snowball! The snow melted instantly once it hit the water.
The kids hanging out in the hot tub.
Jarod's feet were so cold that when they were in the water they felt like they were burning. He kept sticking them out of the water to cool off. It was so funny!

4 comments:

Karissa said...

That looks like so much fun! Im jealous I wasn't there to play in the fun snow. You guys looked like you were pretty busy the past couple week but I know you had a blast and so did the kids. I love you and miss you too.

Staci J said...

Wow! We haven't gotten brave enough to try to swim this winter... but maybe we will one of these days! Looks like you guys had lots of fun times:) I finally posted a pic of JJ and Kenz at Kangaroo Zoo:) Thanks for letting her come with us, they had lots of fun...

Jones Family said...

Hey you... it's Heather Jones! It was so fun to find your blog on Nikki's blog. I can't believe how big your kids are getting, holy cow! Your family is so cute! I miss you like crazy... I still have yet to find better visiting teachers than you and Erin! Keep in touch!

Shani said...

Hey Kyra, we still need to plan a family swim together!! There's just something about going swimming in the dead of winter that's exciting!