Friday, February 26, 2010

Bribery At Its Best

I have to confess! I broke the #1 "How To Be A Good Parent" rule: "Don't Bribe Your Kids" to get them to do what you want them to do. Well, when your soon to be 5 year old daughter still sneaks into your bed almost every night, AND you don't know she's there until you wake up with a foot in your back, AND because she sleeps in your back your sleeping on your side on the very edge of a King size bed, AND all the "Please don't come into my bed sweetie" talk doesn't seem to be working, what's left but to bribe!:) At the beginning of the week, I made a deal with Kenzie that she just couldn't pass up. I told her that if she slept in her own bed all night, every night, I would buy her a new toy at the end of the week. Her eyes lit up, but instead of a new toy, she wanted me to take her to McDonald's to get a Happy Meal. I'm no dummy, so I agreed!:) Each night I would remind her of the deal and each morning she woke up in her own bed! I thought for sure she would slip up one night, but the girl made it the whole week!
This morning when she woke up, I gave her the biggest hug and told her how proud I was of her! She squeezed back hard when I told her I'd be taking her to McDonald's today for lunch. I love this little girl and she taught me a great lesson - If you put your mind to something, and have a little bribery on your side, you can do impossible things! Kenzie enjoyed her Happy Meal!

3 comments:

Mel said...

It's all about the bribing at the right time!!
Way to go Kenzie for staying in your own bed!

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Nothing wrong with a little bribery!! That's awesome that it worked!! Even more awesome that she would rather a happy meal instead of a toy!! Way to go Kyra, AND Kenzie!

Shani said...

WOW, I just got your last two months of posts...for some reason nothing was showing up after your pre-christmas posts. I'm so glad I got to catch up with you!! We miss all you great people in SS so much, but are lovin' where we are now too. Your posts are always so much fun to read, keep up the good work!!