Monday, May 17, 2010

This Is It

Kynlee and Kenzie had their Spring Dance Recital. It was fantastic! The theme was "Michael Jackson", so all but a couple of groups danced to one of his songs. I am just so surprised at the progress both Kynlee and Kenzie showed tonight. Kynlee is really starting to show emotion while she dances, instead of being worried about each step. The whole evening was completely entertaining! Way to go Slider girls!:)
My cute little dancers!
Kenzie's first dance was called "The Pajama Dance". Her teacher made each of the girls darling, silky pajama pants! Kenzie just lights up when she is dancing...she is not shy at all!
Kynlee's group danced to "Naturally" by Selena Gomez. These girls used capes through the whole routine. I told Kynlee afterwards that it was one of the best choreographed dances I have ever seen...I was totally impressed!
How cute are these tutu's!?! Kenzie's last dance was to "Philadelphia Chickens". It was so cute watching each of these girls have so much fun!
Kynlee's last dance was to my all time favorite Michael Jackson song, "Thriller". I helped rat up the girls' hair and their shredded shirts gave the perfect Zombie look. It was amazing watching them pull off Michael Jackson moves!
A Michael Jackson impersonator came out and busted some moves...he was good!
Kynlee and Kenzie with their teacher, Sis. Jones...she is amazing!
Kynlee just had to get her picture taken with Michael Jackson!
Kynlee's group performed "Thriller" for the 5th grade Talent Show! They were chosen as one of the two finalists! They went on to perform it in front of the entire student body for the school Talent Show...the kids went wild! I was so proud of them and the courage they had!

1 comment:

ERIN said...

HEEEELOOOOOO Kyra!
I miss you and I have loved reading about you this past half and hour! Good grief, we don't stay in touch very well do we? But I do think of you a lot,a nd I hope you are still happy and doing great. Sara Tells me they might take a trip up to UT to visit with you for a couple days?!!! I wish I could hide in her trunk and come too! Love you! Erin