I feel so lucky to have been able to attend another Girls Camp! Life has been crazy, busy, and stressful with getting ready, but well worth it in the end. Each Ward was given one of the YW values to base camp off of. Ours was the value "Faith". We learned a song, "Plant A Seed In Your Heart", and sang it acapella in front of the Stake during a morning devotional. The girls harmonized beautifully! My favorite line from the song was: Watch and wait patiently, till your faith grows mighty as a tree...plant a seed. I love each of these sweet girls and have learned so much from them! There is nothing like the bonding of friendships and spiritual growth that Girls Camp has to offer! Since it was a Stake Girls Camp, the leaders each had a Stake assignment...mine was to ride on the bus with the girls. Yay me!:) These girls were ready to have some fun!
Angie and I were "Bunk Buddies" and had 12 YW in our cabin with us...we were goofy and laughed the whole time! I love her and I am so thankful for our friendship!
I was over the craft and since the theme was "Step By Step", decorating flip flops was the perfect idea. We scored by hitting the Old Navy $1 flip flop sale. This is a picture of what the girls could choose to do: tie on strips of fabric, assemble flowers and gems to glue on, or tie on water balloons. The girls loved it and they all turned out cute and unique! My decorated pair are the purple ones with fabric...love them!:)
Each YW had a secret sister that she got fun things from everyday...I just had to try on these fun purple glasses that one of the girls received!:)
One afternoon, the girls went through the Challenge Course. Afterwards, the leaders were able to try. With the girls chanting "Slider", I tried to be brave as I climbed up the rope ladder, crossed the ladder bridge, and raced across on the zip-line. It was scary, but a blast!So many fun memories are made at Girls Camp! My favorite one this year was our "Testimony Hike". The setting for our hike was gorgeous! Periodically along our hike, we would stop and one of the leaders would discuss a foundation point of a testimony. The girls would then quietly write their thoughts and feelings in their journals. The spirit was strong and I know the girls felt it. As we progressed on our hike the talking of the girls got quieter and quieter and the spirit noticeably got stronger and stronger. By the time it was my turn, I was overcome with emotion as I bore testimony of our prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
Later that evening, we had our Testimony meeting around the campfire. It was so neat to watch each Young Woman, some of whom it was their very first time, bravely stand among their peers and bear witness the things that they knew were true. The spirit was felt and it testified to us individually the truthfulness of each testimony that was born. The girls found that when they share their testimonies, it becomes stronger. I am forever grateful for the experience of Girls Camp!





No comments:
Post a Comment