My first couple of weeks of Summer have been busy, but I have loved being on a "spiritual high" from attending Girls Camp, Youth Conference, and not to mention speaking in church. Ya, I didn't have much time to prepare, which was stressful, but I know I had the spirit with me. I spoke on "How A Testimony Anchors Our Souls", which in it, I incorporated our Testimony Walk experience from Girls Camp. The talk went great! I got lots of compliments, and felt like it was the perfect ending to the past couple of weeks and really longer if you include the months of preparation!:)
What a good looking, silly bunch of youth! Youth Conference was amazing! We had a great experience doing Baptisms in the historical Manti Temple. We stayed at a gorgeous cabin in Fairview for a couple of days. The rain didn't stop us from having fun! The leaders put together group games like: Fear Factor, Where's The Warrior/Capture The Flag, and The Amazing Race. The youth had a blast and got along so well with each other!
So, now it feels like Summer is officially here and I am looking forward to doing some fun things with the kids! After many cold and rainy days I couldn't wait to soak up the sun on a picnic in the park with family!
The kids love the rope swing hung from an enormous Cottonwood tree at the park! Matthew loves having his cousin, Kaej, up here. They were determined to make a raft to float out in the lake. They cut pieces of rope and tied several bunches of dry reeds together. These boys worked hard!
The next morning they took their raft to the dock to test it out.
Preparing to launch! Will it sink or float?
It floats...just not so well when someone was on it!:)
The cold water didn't keep Matthew from having fun!What a stud!
Warming up their cold bodies in the hot tub...oh ya! Thanks, Carolyn and Kaej, for coming up and visiting...we love you!





No comments:
Post a Comment