Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"ARCTIC"les Of Faith

Matthew has been working really hard this last month on completing the few requirements he has left in his Faith in God book. One of the requirements is to memorize the 13 Articles of Faith. Well, I decided to give Matthew a little bribery to hurry him along with the memorizing process.:) I told him that I would buy him a SHAKE from Arctic Circle for each Article of Faith he passed off. He loves them, so of course he was sold on the idea. One day, him and I were driving past Arctic Circle and he looked over at me with a huge smile, while raising his eyebrows up and down (assuring me that he knew of our little deal). Well, the cutest idea came to me! I realized that Article and Arctic are very similar words, so creatively I combined them. We now call them "ARCTIC"les of Faith! The kids love it! This will be a bribery tradition I will use with the girls as well.:)

4 comments:

Karissa said...

That is so cute and funny! Bribery always works, ecspecially with food. Love the new background too! I think someone is ADDICTED:) love ya sis.

Staci J said...

You're so creative Kyra!! I love it! I love all the fun things you do with your family... No wonder you're always out and about:)

Mel said...

What a good idea! Way to go Matthew on learning your "arctic"les of faith!! Love Bribery, works every time! LOL

sharpest family said...

I thought this was the cutest idea when you told me about it. I'm glad to see a little bribery can do wonders! :) You're such a great mom!