Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fun With Company

(I have 3 slide shows in this post. For some reason I couldn't get them to play on the post. Just click on VIEW ALL IMAGES and then click on ORIGINAL VIEW. It will show the slide show how I created it.)
This was the best weekend! We had some really special visitors. My Dad and Debbie came, and also my Mom, Natalie, and Brigg. They flew up here to support Matthew in receiving the Aaronic Priesthood and becoming a Deacon. Thank you for sharing this special time with us. We were able to do lots of fun things and make some wonderful memories. I love you all! Matthew got this Phoenix Suns jersey from Grandpa and Grandma Debbie for his birthday!
It is just what he wanted! The Suns are his favorite team! He loves basketball!
Kynlee was so excited to have Grandpa and Grandma Debbie at her house!
Arctic Circle shakes are yummy even when it's cold outside!
I went to pick-up my Mom and Natalie from the airport. I was so excited to get them and then they surprised me by bringing up my nephew, Brigg! It was his first flight, and he was so excited to be in Utah with his cousins. We decided to have Brigg ring the doorbell by himself. The kids were so surprised and excited to see just Brigg at the door. Thanks Karissa for letting Brigg come! We loved having him here!
My sweet sister, Natalie. I was so glad to spend some time with her. Love you!
The whole gang!
Saturday we went and saw "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" with Grandpa and Grandma Debbie. So cute!
The grand kids outside of the movie theater.
It was suppose to be storming all day on Saturday. After the movie, the weather had cleared up a lot. We decided to take our chances and head up to the American Fork Canyon for the evening. We loaded everything up, stopped and got some pizza, and got to our spot right as the sun was going down. It was freezing! Even though we were bundled up, it was miserable until we got the fire going. Then we could enjoy the evening. We had such a good time visiting, laughing, drinking HOT chocolate, and hanging out!

Sunday morning we woke up to SNOW! Everyone, especially those from Arizona, were so excited! Unfortunately, we have 9:00 church, so we weren't able to play in it right away. The poor kids had to wait until we got home, and by then it had melted except around the edges. There was still enough to make some good SNOWBALLS! They had so much fun! Later in the day, before my Dad and Debbie had to catch their flight, we took them and Natalie to Kennecott to see the pit. As we were driving there, it started snowing. Because of the elevation where the pit sits, it was a blizzard! Bummer! They really weren't able to see the enormity of it. They got their picture next to the huge, beloved Haul Truck tire and we went inside the Visitor's Center to look around. I think they still enjoyed themselves seeing the many wonders of Copper. It's quite the operation.
We loved having Grandpa and Grandma Debbie up here this weekend! Thank you so much for spending lots of time with us. We love you! Grandmama spent time teaching Karley our famous "Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater" medley. She got it down! They sounded so good together.
Grandmama brought up a bunch of card games. The kids had fun playing with her!
We went swimming in our neighborhood pool. It's heated all year round from a natural hot springs. Love it! It was 40 degrees outside and 94 degrees in the pool! There was steam coming off the water. This picture shows how bundled up my Mom had to be to survive the cold while we were swimming. You look cozy!
Aunt Natalie doing her perfect form dive.
Aunt Natalie and all the kids trying to keep all but their heads in the water to stay warm.
Kenzie loves jumping off the diving board. She jumped to Aunt Natalie and made her go under!:)
Brigg had so much fun swimming in the warm water.

We headed up to the park by our house a couple of times. It gives such a beautiful view of the mountains and lake. When we went on Monday, the wind was blowing, which made it freezing. We stayed long enough for the kids to roll down the hill a few times. They had fun! The weather was much nicer on Tuesday. Grandmama got some Silly String for each of us. It was war!


Matthew, Kynlee, and Karley enjoyed staying home from school on Monday. This shows them getting on the bus Tuesday morning. Brigg is waving bye to them...he thought it was cool that they get to ride on a bus. With the older kids gone, it left just him and Kenzie for a little while.
Brigg loved playing video games with the kids while he was here. I love this picture! While the kids are at school, Brigg is patiently playing video games with Kenzie. I heard him say, "Kenzie, quit shooting me!" and "Kenzie, don't push that button!" It was so funny!:) It didn't last too long. My Mom, sister, and I had a Girl's "Day" Out. I was really looking forward to this day. Matt had the day off and kept an eye on Brigg and Kenzie. Thanks honey! We went shopping and had lunch at Olive Garden. Yummy!
We also went and saw the beautiful Timpanogos Temple. It's in American Fork, which is the nearest temple to us. I love the gorgeous, snowy mountains in the background! Natalie cracks me up! She is so goofy in this pose!

Natalie, you are so cute! I love you sis! Grandmama with her cute grand kids! They love you Mom!
The kids went with me to drop off Grandmama, Aunt Natalie, and Brigg at the airport. They were having so much fun in the van...and then we had to say GOODBYE. My Mom is smiling, but this was actually a very sad moment. All of the kids were bawling as we gave our final hugs.:( It was very tender. Thanks so much for spending time with us. We loved every minute!

4 comments:

Natalie Nicole Nikolaus said...

it turned out good seester! i love you so much and i had a great time cant wait to come visit again! i love the sliders! love aunt natalie

Karissa said...

BOO HOO! Rub it in my face why dont ya!:) Im sad I wasn't there but cant wait to come up this winter. Love you guys!

ERIN said...

ok, next time we come to UT I'm staying with YOU!! You do such fun stuff! I get so homesick for Utah with these awesome journal entries that you do. I'm so happy that you are doing well there. It's weird to think that you actually seem like you belong THERE and not HERE anymore.
love you Kyra!
erin

Nikki Nielson said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! Sorry we are such sissys when it comes to being cold! We wanted to meet up with you guys but we did have a fun weekend too! It was so fun to have my mom and Catherine here. I will post some pictures soon!