Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Great Punkin' Patch

This afternoon, in between Conference sessions, we went to The Great Punkin' Patch. This huge pumpkin patch was planted on an empty lot in our neighborhood. So cool! The purpose of this pumpkin patch was to raise money. The donations would help a family in our Ward pay medical bills. This family has a 3 year old son who is Down Syndrome. Earlier this year, they found out that he has Leukemia. They are an amazing family full of faith, and he is the cutest and toughest little guy. To participate in this great cause, I let each of the kids pick out a pumpkin. Although it was rainy and cold, we had a lot of fun!:) Thank you to the genuine neighbors who planned and carried out this wonderful event.

4 comments:

Karissa said...

That is so neat! Can you believe that Halloween is right around the corner.

Tiff Hunt said...

Kyra, I am such a slacker! I haven't invited you to my blog yet. Email me at huntfamily03@gmail.com and I will add you on! Thanks!! That pumpkin patch looks like fun! We might come out there to buy a pumpkin!

sharpest family said...

I hadn't heard anything about the pumpkin patch. That was very thoughtful of someone! I love the picture! It looks like they picked some good ones. I bet your front porch looks darling!
Miss you.
Bonnie

5 Frogs and a Princess said...

What a great experience...love this time of year!!!!