Sunday, October 19, 2008

Passing The Sacrament

As I have written before, Matthew loves basketball. He pretty muchs breathes the sport! He knows teams and their players, especially the Suns team. Well, I laugh all the time, because when he is just walking around the house, he is dribbling a pretend ball, or shooting a pretend ball, or laying up a pretend ball, the list is endless. I kid around with him by asking, "Did you make that shot?", but mostly I just say "STOP!". A couple of weeks ago, I asked if he was going to "pretend" when he is passing the Sacrament. He replied by pretending to hand someone the Sacrament tray and then spinning around and making a jump shot. I laughed my head off! He countinued to pretend doing different moves after handing the tray to someone. It was so funny! We have all been really excited around here for Matthew to start passing the Sacrament. He came to me last night and said that he was nervous. I hugged him and then reassured him that he would be fine and that it was O.K. if he made a mistake. It is tradition in our Ward that when a Deacon passes for the first time, his Dad gets to pass with him. Matt is amazing! He worked a 12 hour NIGHT shift, got home, showered, slept for an hour, got ready for church, and went to Sacrament meeting, to participate in this stepping stone in Matthew's life. I know that Matthew was comforted to have his Dad sitting next to him before the Sacrament. Their assignment was the long middle benches. Matthew did wonderful! I was such a proud Mom...I watched him the whole time! Hopefully people knew that I wasn't staring at them!:) I am happy to say that there were no pretend basketball moves going on!!! He really enjoyed passing the Sacrament, and looks forward to passing it every week. He is growing up too fast!

4 comments:

Mel said...

He should have "slam dunked" the bread in everyone's mouths! haha! Love it!

Lizzie & Ty said...

Hey guys! It's your cousin Lizzie! I'm so glad I found your blog! I can't believe how much your kiddos have grown since I've seen them last! Crazy how time flies! What a beautiful family you have! And I can't believe Mathew is 12 already! How exciting! Man, I miss you guys! Here's my blog if you want lizzieblatter.blogspot.com

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

The best part of reading this post was that I can TOTALLY picture you laughing at your kiddo! I hear it in my head!!! I love all you girlies laughs! They are contagious!

I am totally down for a reunion...just let us know!

Sassy said...

I can not believe you have one old enough to pass the sacrament....man oh man where do these days go??? I ♥ that he pretended to play a little b-ball while passing...so cute your family is and I ♥ your Halloween costumes...you can't even tell that that is you Kyra...very good indeed.