Wow! Today was everything I thought it would be and more. First of all, I was so blessed to have some of my family here from Arizona this weekend. My Dad and Debbie flew up Friday afternoon. A little later that evening, my Mom and baby sister, Natalie, flew in. When I got to the airport to pick them up, I was surprised and thrilled that they brought along my nephew, Brigg!:) We have had so much fun with everyone being here!
Today was very emotional for me. Natalie asked me if I was going to cry...I just smiled, because I knew I would be shedding a tear or two. I was so proud when the Bishop called Matthew up and along with the rest of the Ward, I raised my hand to sustain him. And the tears began! The Bishop then congratulated Matthew on earning his Faith in God. Good job son! During the 3rd block was when Matthew received the Aaronic Priesthood. The tears started flowing again! It was so special to have my family and Matt's brother, Steve, there to show their support. The Deacon's quorum (which includes most of Matthew's friends), advisers, and bishopric were in the room as well. I felt the Spirit testify to me that we were where we needed to be at this time in Matthew's life. It was amazing!!
Matthew on his way to church. He actually was a little nervous.
The family after Matthew had received the Priesthood. Matt gave Matthew the most beautiful and heartfelt blessing...very tender!
Matthew with his super, proud parents.
Grandmama, Aunt Natalie, and Matthew.
Matthew, Kynlee, Karley, and cousin Brigg. Kenzie wouldn't take any more pictures.
Grandpa, Grandma Debbie and Matthew. It meant so much that my Dad was able to participate in the circle.
Matthew (on the left) and his friend, Jeremy, fulfilling one of the Deacon's responsibilities...collecting fast offering. Crazy! I know it is silly, but I just had to get a picture!:) Matthew will now be attending Mutual and will start passing the sacrament next Sunday!





5 comments:
I love how you describe this experience Kyra... What a special time for your sweet family, Matthew looks so handsome and grown-up, I'll be looking for him on Wednesday nights:)
What a special time! I can only imagine the emotions going on inside of you:-) I'm sure my time will be here before I know it. Time flys by too fast these days! Your family is BEAUTIFUL!
Congrats Matthew! You are such a stud! What an awesome experience for him and your family! Im so sad I couldn't be there, thats why I sent a little part of me:) You guys looked so cute on sunday. Miss ya and love ya!
I can't believe that he is 12 already! Wow! How exciting is that for you?
Hey, do you ever hear from Justin and Brooke? I haven't seen or heard from them in forever and would like to catch up!
Kyra I can't believe we forgot about this! I'm so sorry we weren't there. I remembered monday morning and just wanted to kick myself. It looks like everything went so well. I'm so proud of him and of you and of your whole family. You're such an amazing mom Kyra. You got him to where he is. You deserve a huge pat on the back. I'm sure it helps that he's a perfect kid but you and Matt are such good examples to your kids and wonderful role models. He looks so grown up doing those fast offerings! I wish I could've been there to hear what the bishop said about him, I bet it was amazing.
We miss you guys. We are planning another GNO this saturday at my house. I hope you can come this time.
Oh, by the way you are looking HOT! On Matthew's birthday post you look so cute! You must still be going strong! Good job!
Post a Comment