The kids and I went to the Draper Temple open house a couple of nights ago. It sits up on top of a hill overlooking the city. It's so beautiful! We watched a short video at a church building and took a shuttle to the temple. The whole process was so organized. The kids did good and really liked seeing the inside of the temple. It gives them something to look forward to. Kynlee's favorite room was the Bride's Dressing Room. In a couple of weeks we'll be able to participate, by broadcast, in the dedication. So exciting! We had one of those "almost didn't make it to the temple" experiences. On the drive over, my van was making a nasty sound. I looked down and notice the Check Gages light was on. As I looked, I noticed the temperature gage was in the red zone...we were overheating! Oh no, I knew this wasn't a good thing. We were almost to the temple too. I pulled over and called my father-in-law, because Matt was still at work. He assured me that it was best not to drive it. Luckily, Tim and Donna were not too far from us. They came to our rescue and got us to the temple. I was so grateful to them! While the kids and I were at the open house, Matt worked on the van. He is so amazing...a true Mr. Fix It! Even though we ran into van trouble on the way, I was so glad that we took the time to go. The temple always makes me feel good!
Finding Love for Myself and Being a Woman
7 months ago





2 comments:
What an amazing experience for you kids! Sorry for the car problems, but isn't it so nice to have a man that fix things?!!
The family pic makes me cold just looking at it! LOL
My mom took my kids through the open house last week. I love that they get to see what is inside. Your kids look so happy! They will always remember how special it was.
Post a Comment