Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Junior High...Oh My

I think I am still in shock that Matthew is old enough to be in Junior High...aahh! That means that I am getting old!:) Last week, in preparation, we went and showed him where his classes are and made sure he could open his locker. It was so cool! Matthew was both excited and nervous this morning, but boy did he look good! The way they do it here is that today just the 7th graders go and then tomorrow just the 8th and 9th graders go. On Friday they all go. I guess it gives the "Sevies" a chance to get used to things before throwing everyone in. I totally teared up as he was walking to the bus stop! It doesn't seem that long ago when I was sending Matthew off to Kindergarten. He's growing up way too fast! It's hard for me to let him go, knowing that I can't watch over him at school anymore. All I can hope for is that what he has been taught will help him in this new adventure of life and that he will stand up for what he believes in. I love you Matthew! I'm glad you had a good first day of Junior High! In case you were wondering, the graffiti on the locker is NOT real!:)

1 comment:

The Shiflet Family said...

Wow! You guys have had a busy Summer. How fun! I can't believe that Matthew is in Jr. High. I am so excited for him, but I can totally relate to the teary eyes at how fast our kids grow up. I know that you have taught your kids right, and that he will make the choices that you will be proud of. I hope you got my message the other day. I feel so bad that we didn't get to hang out. But hopefully next time you guys come we can. Or maybe, we need our Vegas trip soon! Love ya!