Wednesday, December 10, 2008

News Flash

Fox 13 News did a special "Cool School" feature this morning at the Elementary school the kids attend. This was such a big deal...it was pretty exciting! They did LIVE segments throughout the early morning. One of their segments was the 4th graders playing "Jingle Bells" on their recorders. This included Kynlee. She has practiced so much, that she is pretty good on it and knows lots of songs. Overall I think that all the students did a good job this morning of proving that they are a "Cool School".
Kynlee with her recorder. Waking up earlier than normal didn't stop her from being so excited to play on T.V.!
When I first turned the T.V. on this morning, to my surprise, they were showing off the mummy wraps that some of the 6th graders made. I ran and woke Matthew up so he could look for the one of him. Sure enough, he saw it! His is the last one on the right. So, in a way, Matthew was on T.V. also!
After I dropped Kynlee off, I poked my head in the Cafeteria room and saw "Big Budah" from Fox 13 News. Can you guess why he is called that?:) I ran over to get a picture of just him, but he insisted I be in it too. I had just come from working out, so I was still in need of a shower. Gross...oh well!
(Before playing the video, press PAUSE on my Christmas music)
I rushed home to record Kynlee's T.V. performance. Unfortunately, she is behind a taller kid on the far side of the stage, so just part of her face is shown. Look carefully and you might see her. It was still neat and I know she played her heart out!

2 comments:

Mel said...

So Cool!!
PS...Love the family pic!

Karissa said...

Your kids are famous! Good thing it was just a picture of you and not an interview on live t.v. Ha Ha!
ps.. I cant find Kynlee but Im sure she looked adorable!