Monday, December 15, 2008

Santa's Little Helper

Last Christmas season, a cute, little Elf came to our house. He is one of Santa's special helpers. The kids decided to call him "Buddy". He is our very own magic Elf. Buddy has returned again this year. When the kids got home from school, there was a present at the door for them, directly from Santa himself. They were so excited, because they knew right away that it was Buddy. This little elf is Santa's eyes. He watches everything the kids do. Each night he quickly flys to the North Pole to see Santa and reports what he has seen. Have the kids been GOOD or BAD? When Buddy comes back he hides in a new place and waits for the kids to find him. Sometimes he stays in the same spot for a couple of nights!:) It is always so exciting to see who can find Buddy first...and he comes up with some really clever spots! There is only one rule the kids have to follow: Do Not Touch Buddy, or he will lose his magic. There have been a couple of times when the kids have seen him fall from his spot. They know not to touch him, so when they come back to Buddy later, he has magicallly returned to his spot. Wow! Santa Claus gave Buddy one rule: Do Not Speak, and he follows that well. The kids do their best to be good, because they know that Buddy is always watching them. We all love this special visitor!

4 comments:

Sassy said...

I ♥ THAT! WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO HELP KIDS AT CHRISTMAS!!! I have a little elf in my preschool named Elfie and he reports nightly as well...I'll bet they know each other...he left little footprints on our desks the other day...very cool! Kyra, you are such a great mom and I love seeing you with your little family and wonder still where all the years went to?????? Merry Christmas to you and your fam...♥ Kayola

Mel said...

Ok, I've wanted one of for the past couple of years, but I always forget to look for it. Where did you get that one?

Tiff Hunt said...

I want a buddy! That is such a clever idea!! How are you guys? We need to get together!

5 Frogs and a Princess said...

Kyra! I love that...I think we may need to have a buddy visit our house and keep watch especially during scripture time to see who is listening and not rolling around on the floor...lol!