What a neat experience for me today to take Matthew, Kynlee, and Karley to participate, by satellite, in the dedication of the Draper Temple. As we sat and watched the slide show before hand, we were reminded of our visit to the temple a few weeks back, as it showed the beautiful rooms inside the temple that we had seen. It was so amazing to see President Monson and the other leaders dressed in white for this occasion. What a sweet spirit was felt as President Monson tenderly recited the dedicatory prayer. As the prayer was being said, I thought about the many times I have heard this wonderful prophet speak and give council, but that this was the first time I had heard him pray. It was a powerful witness to me to hear the prophet pray to our Heavenly Father. I am so thankful for a prophet on the earth today. The kids enjoyed participating in the Hosanna Shout. They were definitely glad they went. I hope that we will always remember this wonderful experience. This completed temple makes a grand total of 12 temples in Utah. I feel so blessed to have so many temples around me.
Finding Love for Myself and Being a Woman
8 months ago





3 comments:
Hi Kyra. I wasn't going to leave a comment because I feel like I leave too many, but, I feel like I need to say that I think that you are a really wonderful mother. You are doing the important things that matter with your kids. And, through your blog, it is so plain to see how much each one of your children mean to you, and how you love and know each one of them so well. I admire you as a mom, and am thankful for your blog, because it inspires me to be a more thoughtful mother. Love ya, take care.
What a neat experience! Hopefully my kids will be a little older for the next dedication, thanks for your help at church on sunday! Cruz is Kenzie's #1 fan!
Kyra what a great experience...I'm so jealous, I used to live in Draper..only for a few months, they had just started the construction when I moved...I too LOVED being surrounded by so many temples...miss you guys!
Post a Comment