Karley had to create a Monster for a class project. The pieces she used to build it were items she collected from the recycle bin. She did such a good job and had a blast making it come to life! It is so cool with its 14 eyes, vampire teeth, and colorful, fuzz ball hair. Of course it had to be BLUE! Because of its color, along with a gold hat and scales, she named it "Thunder", after our High School. Karley also made a map of Thunder's neighborhood and a shopping list of the yucky things it eats. When the time came to transport it to school, Karley decided to take Thunder on the bus with her. Sure enough, I got a phone call soon after that it didn't survive the trip and Karley was pretty upset about it. I hurried down to her class to comfort her and saved the day by gluing it back together. Karley worked super hard...way to go!
Karley proudly displaying "Thunder".
I was able to go with Karley on her class Field Trip last week. We went to the Living Planet Aquarium. Karley had been a couple of years ago, but it was new for me. There were some pretty impressive fish, frogs, and ocean life. The kids', including Karley's, favorite part was touching the stingrays! Karley had a constant smile on her face and I enjoyed watching how excited she got each time she touched one. I had fun and love going on Field Trips with my kids!





No comments:
Post a Comment