Thursday, October 8, 2009

Official Teenager

Holy moly, I have a TEENAGER! I still can't believe Matthew turned 13 years old today. Where has the time gone? It really doesn't seem that long ago when I was bringing my blond peach fuzz, blue eyed, absolutely precious newborn home. Wow has he grown-up...literally! When I stand behind him, all I can see on me are my eyes and up. As big of a birthday #13 is, we had a pretty regular, but special, day. I made him breakfast: waffles, fried eggs, bacon, and juice. Kenzie and I picked him up from school later and made a quick run to Wendy's for lunch. He had his favorite, Chapalutas, for dinner and by request a Triple Chocolate Fudge cake with chocolate shavings on top.


The girls made Matthew some cute cards and he loved the cell phone, walkie talkie, camera, and laptop Karley made for him out of paper...she's so creative. Matt and I felt bad that it was the next morning before he got our gift, but that was just how it went. He loves his new Mountain Bike! It was just what he wanted.
Matthew, I can't believe you are a TEENAGER! You mean the world to me and I am so proud of the amazing young man you are becoming. You are smart, loving, spiritual, a good friend, and a great big brother. Oh ya, you are stinkin' handsome too! Make good choice in these TEEN years and you will be HAPPY. Always remember how much I love you. I am always here for you. Happy Birthday Son!

1 comment:

Staci J said...

Sorry I'm a little late! Happy Birthday Matthew! 13 sounds so old, holy cow! That's a pretty sweet bike! What sweet kids you have:)