After doing my exercise routine this last Monday morning, I started having heart palpitations (irregular heart beats). I didn't think to much of it until it continued lasting throughout the entire day. I took myself to Urgent Care and the doctor there could hear them and told me it's Premature Atrial Beats. Basically, the sensor node that produces the message to contract is sending rapid signals which aren't being caught. This is causing me to feel like my heart is skipping a beat. I really feel fine other than it is very noticeable and annoying. By the end of the day I feel exhausted. The Urgent Care doctor told me to follow up with my Primary Care doctor to be further evaluated. Since I was continuing to feel them on Tuesday, I made an appointment for this morning, which is the 3rd consecutive day. This doctor confirmed again what I am feeling and started the steps to figuring out what's wrong. I had blood work done to test my Thyroid, Electrolytes, and Platelets and he scheduled an appointment for me at the Hospital this afternoon to get a Holter (heart monitor). I feel like a walking Hospital patient. I have 7 sensors stuck around my chest, which are connected to the Holter, which is strapped around my waist. This is monitoring my heart for 24 hours. When I feel something I push a button that will highlight that beat. Let me tell you, I am not pushing it every time it happens, there is so many, but at least the Holter is picking it up. I also keep a detailed diary of my activities throughout this period, including going to the bathroom. So fun! After answering all the doctors questions, I feel pretty good about being in good health. We'll see what problems, if any, these tests show. I just hope there is an end to these crazy heartbeats!
Finding Love for Myself and Being a Woman
7 months ago





2 comments:
Kyra,
You scare me! You are too good! Keep us posted on your health, and we'll keep you in our prayers! Love ya!
scary and annoying, I'm sure! hopefully everything works itself out soon!
Post a Comment